This position works in a warehouse setting, with some outdoor exposure during the workday. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines, and standard warehouse equipment such as hand trucks, box cutters, and tape dispensers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday. Schedule start time TBD.
- Assist shipping and receiving unloading trucks, checking in merchandise, matching purchase orders to sales orders.
- Read customer orders, work orders, shipping orders or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered, stored, distrusted and/or shipped.
- Move materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas.
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- File requisitions, work orders or requests for materials, tools or other stock items and distribute items to shipping or to designated route driver.
- Ensure warehouse is accessible and safe for salespeople, vendors, and customer traffic.
- Assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets or shelves, or relocate orders to a holding area or shipping department.
- Mark materials with identifying information using appropriate method.
- Update amount of products or items received or distributed via appropriate computer or hand held device.
- Assist in counting physical inventory.
- Inform supervisor of any difference in quantity, product description, damaged product, and incomplete order.
- Correctly label product so that the label can be seen on the outside of the pallet.
- Pre-shift checks of equipment (visually and operationally).
- Weigh and count items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
- May be assigned facilities maintenance duties as needed.
- Sweep, dust, mop. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times.
- Wear the proper safety equipment. Hard hats required. Non-slip resistant shoes.
- No cell phones permitted during working hours. Cell phones may be used only at breaks and lunch hour. Failure to comply with this rule will result in being sent home as well as a formal write up.
- Knowledgeable in technology
- A strong work experience
- Forklift certification
- Monday through Friday
- One hour lunch
- If you are going to be tardy and/or absent it is your responsibility to contact your immediate supervisor before your scheduled start time. If you are absent two consecutive working days a doctor’s note is required
- Starting salary of $______ per hour
- 6 month probation period
- Eligible for 24 hours of sick pay the first of the month following 30 days.
VACATION (based on years of service)
- 1-2 years = 40 hours
- 3-9 years = 80 hours
- 10 years and over = 120 hours
Tapia Brothers offers various health and welfare plans to its regular full-time team members. These benefits are subject to change. Our benefits, as described below, will be described for you in greater detail as part of your orientation meeting.
Benefits Summary: (Effective until July 31, 20117). Your benefits if you choose to elect will be effective first of the month following 30 days
- Health Insurance – Team member only benefit, dependent coverage available
- 70% of the family HMO/PPO premium for the Team Member will be paid by the company, medical only.
- 50% of the premium is paid by the employee for dental, 100% vision, and life insurance.
- Your spouse, domestic partner and/or children are eligible for this coverage, but the additional premium will be your responsibility
- Cafeteria Plan – Team member and dependents may be included
- Selection of various plans and/or supplemental insurance benefits offered Aetna.
Job duties are subject to change at any time. Your employment is “at will” which means that either you or the Company can terminate the employment relationship with or without cause and with or without prior notice.
Gabriel Ramos Date
Hugo Reyes Date