This position works in a warehouse setting, with some outdoor exposure during the workday. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines, and standard warehouse equipment such as hand trucks, box cutters, and tape dispensers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and functions of the job and are not meant to be all inclusive. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Able to stand for long periods of time. The employee frequently is required to sit; stand; walk; and stop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position and must be able to work nights, weekends, holidays, and extended periods of time. Days and hours of work are Sunday through Wednesday and Friday schedule. Schedule start time TBD.
- Pull orders of merchandise for next day delivery.
- Locate items in warehouse, gather completed order, stage in proper area for product to be reviewed by checker.
- Inspect all products and identifying all dents and blemishes on all orders.
- Assist to load and unload all products from vehicles into pallets.
- Facilitate strategies to complete all deliveries accurately and efficiently.
- Correctly label product so that the label can be seen on the outside of the pallet.
- Must be pulling 1,000 items per shift.
- Breakdown and restack merchandise on pallets during audits.
- Must be able to add and subtract.
- Load onto indicated truck.
- Ensure warehouse is accessible and safe for salespeople, vendors, and customer traffic.
- Inform supervisor of any merchandise that needs to be subbed out due to item being out of stock.
- Pre-shift checks of equipment (visually and operationally).
- May be assigned facilities maintenance duties as needed.
- Sweep, dust, mop. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times.
- Wear the proper safety equipment. Hard hats required. Non-slip resistant shoes.
- In the event of theft or robbery an investigation will take place. Upon investigation results, if found guilty, Tapia has the right to and will prosecute to the max.
- No cell phones permitted during working hours. Cell phones may be used only at breaks and lunch hour. Failure to comply with this rule will result in being sent home as well as a formal write up.
- Able to read, write, and solve math problems.
- Ability to work well with others and be a team member.
- Able to interpret, understand, follow and communicate instructions.
- Strong work experience.
- Sunday through Friday, Day off during the week
- One hour lunch
- If you are going to be tardy and/or absent it is your responsibility to contact your immediate supervisor before your scheduled start time. If you are absent two consecutive working days a doctor’s note is required.
- Starting salary of $_______ per hour
- 6 month probation period.
- Eligible for 24 hours of sick pay the first of the month following 30 days.
VACATION (based on years of service)
- 1-2 years = 40 hours
- 3-9 years = 80 hours
- 10 years and over = 120 hours
Tapia Brothers offers various health and welfare plans to its regular full-time team members. These benefits are subject to change. Our benefits, as described below, will be described for you in greater detail as part of your orientation meeting.
Benefits Summary: (Effective until July 31, 2015). Your benefits if you choose to elect will be effective 8/1/2015
- Health Insurance – Team member only benefit, dependent coverage available
- 75% of the family HMO/PPO premium for the Team Member will be paid by the company, medical only.
- Effective July 16, 2014 open enrollment PPO plans will be offered as well.
- 100% of the premium is paid by the employee for dental, vision, and life insurance.
- Your spouse, domestic partner and/or children are eligible for this coverage, but the additional premium will be your responsibility
- Cafeteria Plan – Team member and dependents may be included
- Selection of various plans and/or supplemental insurance benefits offered by, Blue Shield of California, United Concordia, EyeMed, and Unum.
Job duties are subject to change at any time.
As with all other employees at Tapia Brothers, your employment is “at will” which means that either you or the Company can terminate the employment relationship with or without cause and with or without prior notice.
Employee Signature Date
Supervisor Signature Date