This position works in a warehouse setting, with some outdoor exposure during the workday. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines, and standard warehouse equipment such as hand trucks, box cutters, and tape dispensers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and functions of the job and are not meant to be all inclusive. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; stand; walk; and stop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The environmental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and functions of the job and are not meant to be all inclusive.
- Occasional exposure to a variety of weather conditions.
- Exposure to heated/air conditioned and ventilated facilities.
- Exposure to a building in which a variety of chemical substances are used for cleaning, instruction, and/or operation of equipment.
- Exposure to having to delivery in tight spaces requiring to use different delivery equipment.
- Function in a workplace that is usually moderately quiet but that can be noisy at times.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday. Rotating Saturday schedule. Schedule start time TBD.
- Collect, load and unload merchandise without assistance.
- Drive truck and delivery merchandise indicated on route.
- Inspect truck prior to operating for proper amounts of fuel, oil, water, and see that the tires are inflated and that the lights and brakes work properly. Maintenance log sheet are to be turned in daily.
- Make minor emergency repairs to truck such as installing light bulbs, fuses, and tire chains.
- Detect truck driving and operating problems.
- Follow procedures involved in making deliveries.
- Display the highest ethical and professional behavior in working with customers and any other outside agencies associated with Tapia Brothers Company.
- Use Cheetah and company provided cell phone to fulfill job functions.
- Adhere to federal statutes and regulations.
- Must wear safety equipment. Non slip resistant shoes.
- Ensure that truck is clean post and pre shift.
- Aware of GPS tracking; Cheetah.
- Must attend all driver safety meetings.
- Exhibit a personality and demonstrate interpersonal skills to relate well with customers.
- Must be able to add and subtract.
- Must be able to give credits for returned merchandise.
- Must call customer service with any questions or concerns in regards to merchandise on invoice.
- Must call A/P department for any merchandise missing or shorted.
- Responsible to collect all C.O.D. accounts indicated on route.
- In the event of theft or robbery an investigation will take place.
- Must return all returned merchandise to receiving team daily with credit memo.
- Must turn in all invoices/payments to Antonio Garcia daily.
- Pallets must be stalked in unit when route is finished.
- Must wear uniform at all times when provided upon completion of probation.
- Have 2 year driving experience of a commercial vehicle.
- Hold and maintain a commercial driver’s license with no major violations.
- Medical card valid.
- MVR points cannot exceed more than 2 points.
All drivers will be enrolled into CHP Pull Notice and DOT Random Drug Testing Selection. If your name is selected for random drug testing your immediate supervisor will contact you and are mandated by law to take the test. Refusal to go will be a positive drug test and will be reported and will be automatically terminate due to failure to comply with DOT regulations and company policy.
- Monday through Friday start time TBD. Rotating Saturday shift
- Thirty minute lunch
- If you are going to be tardy and/or absent it is your responsibility to contact your immediate supervisor before your scheduled start time. If you are absent two consecutive working days a doctor’s note is required.
- Starting salary of $ ________________ per hour
- 6 month probation period.
- Eligible for 24 hours of sick pay the first of the month following 30 days.
VACATION (based on years of service)
- 1-2 years = 40 hours
- 3-9 years = 80 hours
- 10 years and over = 120 hours
Tapia Brothers offers various health and welfare plans to its regular full-time team members. These benefits are subject to change. Our benefits, as described below, will be described for you in greater detail as part of your orientation meeting.
Benefits Summary: (Effecitve until July 31, 2015). Your benefits if you choose to elect will be effective 8/1/2015
- Health Insurance – Team member only benefit, dependent coverage available
- 75% of the family HMO/PPO premium for the Team Member will be paid by the company, medical only.
- Effective July 16, 2014 open enrollment PPO plans will be offered as well.
- 100% of the premium is paid by the employee for dental, vision, and life insurance.
- Your spouse, domestic partner and/or children are eligible for this coverage, but the additional premium will be your responsibility
- Cafeteria Plan – Team member and dependents may be included
- Selection of various plans and/or supplemental insurance benefits offered by, Blue Shield of California, United Concordia, EyeMed, and Unum.
Job duties are subject to change at any time.
As with all other employees at Tapia Brothers, your employment is “at will” which means that either you or the Company can terminate the employment relationship with or without cause and with or without prior notice.
Employee Signature Date
Supervisor Signature Date